Resume of Bobby P. Faulkner
Society of Mining Engineers
- Retired, providing consulting services to companies in U. S. and overseas related to mineral processing, pyro–metallurgical processes and development. Senior Associate with Sage Geotech.
- Manager of Pyro Testing Procecess Evaluation, Metso Minerals, responsible process development and evaluation for all projects related to mineral and waste processing. Directed start–up of Iron Ore plants, developed tire pyrolysis system, directed process development projects for phosphate rock and steel mill waste.
- Manager of Business Development and Technology, Svedala Industries, responsible for developing business opportunities and acquisitions related to the Svedata pyro business area, evaluation acquisitions candidates, and managing the Testing and Development for the Svedala Pyro Business Area.
- Manager of Pyro Systems, Allis Mineral Systems, responsible for engineering, marketing of pyro systems equipment, world-wide, including: Grate-Kiln Systems; Grate-Car (Ported Kiln) Systems; Rotary Dryers; Fluid-Bed Dryers and Roasters, High Intensity Magnetic Separators and all related equipment.
- Vice President of Engineering Fluidcarbon Division of Allis-Chalmers, responsible for the development of a coal water slurry fuel technology, design engineering operational plant testing of the coal-water production and burning, marketing of the technology to potential customers.
- Associate Director Process Systems, Advanced Technology Center, Allis-Chalmers, directed the research and development of process equipment and technology. Developed several patents listed below.
- Manager Process Systems, Advanced Technology Ceneter, Allis-Chalmers. Responsible for managing the research and development of process systems and equipment for Allis-Chalmers Corp. several patents resulted. Assisted in the development of a coal-gasification technology, for Allis–Chalmers based upon a ported rotary kiln technology.
- Associate Manager Metallurgical Division Battelle Memorial Institute, developed and managed contract research for private and government agencies. Directed a two and one half year geophysical exploration for a company in Brazil, conducted economic feasibility for several countries and U. S. private companies.
- Assistant Mill Superintendent Cities Service, Copperhill, Tennessee, responsible for the process metallurgy, labor relations, quality control, and maintenance of the milling and beneficiation operation.
- Metallurgical Engineer, Cities Service (formerly Tennessee Copper Co.). Responsible for the development and implementation of a computer control model for controlling the process metallurgy of a flotation plant.. Developed and implemented the first computer control system for a massive sulfide flotation plant.
6,409,978 Method of removing impurities from mineral concentrates
6,221,329 Pyrolysis process for reclaiming desirable materials from vehicle tires
6,090,353 Method of removing impurities from mineral concentrates
4,461,674 Apparatus for recovery of different weight fractions of oil from shale
4,412,909 Process for recovery of oil from shale
4,405,438 Process for recovery of different weight fractions of oil from shale
4,338,079 Method and apparatus for subjecting mineral particles to gas flow
4,270,899 Roller grate material bed transporting and heat exchange apparatus
4,269,593 Roller grate material bed conveying and heat exchange apparatus providing plural bed depths
4,195,986 Selective reduction of nickel laterite ores
4,188,287 Slow speed wedge bar flotation mixing device
4,182,498 Recovery of round metal granules from process sludge
4,012,314 Treating coal liquefaction product oil
Contact Bobby P. Faulkner
Click to Download PDF Version